Saturday, August 21, 2010

First harvest

or,

THE $95 CHERRY TOMATO 

Our garden has produced food.  The fruits of our labor have finally ...erm...borne fruit.


There are a lot more of these on the way.  It's a good thing I've lined up three families to take tomatoes of my hands, because I'm going to have huge numbers of them on my hands in a short while.  I'm afraid I picked this one a few days early.  It was just a touch green, and when I ate it, it was a little sour.  But it was delicious.  

We also have a green pepper ready to go, any time I want to pick and eat it.  We re-planted green beans, in the hopes that they would sprout before the frost.  The package said to expect sprouts in 7 to 14 days; in 3 days, 90 percent of our seeds had sprouted.  It's AMAZING.  They have flowers, like three weeks later.  Hopefully they get enough sun, as the days get shorter.

No comments:

Post a Comment